Hello, My name is Melanie Jean Juneau

 Really, I write under that  long name for Google's benefit because there is a birthing centre in Juneau, Alaska called Melanie!!! Google is simply not clever enough to differentiate between the two of us.

I am honoured and thrilled that Jackie even considered me to manage this site; it has such a wonderful legacy and reputation. Jackie has established such an efficient site that I can simply ride on her coat tales till I become acclimatized since I have only been in this cyber world for a year and a half. Before last year I had barely one toe in the 21st century's technology!

A few reminders about this site from Jackie
As the originator of ACWB I have kept an eye on the blog but I don’t blog now so have been on the look out for someone to hand over to! 
My main thoughts are that it is a blog for all Catholic women faithful to the teachings of the church.
 I try and avoid too much controversy eg ACWB has no liturgical preference ie it is not a traditionalist blog though maybe some of our members prefer personally the EF..
 It’s not a forum for division…
 I like your positivity and approach.
.Would you consider taking over and maybe revamping a bit & organising blog authors and access etc??
Jackie
Of course my role is mainly in the background, showing casing talented  Catholic women writers but I think I should introduce myself before I slip into the shadows.

People look at me, their eyebrows shoot up, their mouths drop open and they sputter, ”YOU had 9 children??' This is because I am 5’ 1” and weigh 104 lbs. I was pregnant or nursing for 17 years without a break. I have been pregnant 10 times and I am healthy and happy and I have my BBB back. (That would be my Before Babies Body). My husband and I raised 9 children on a hobby farm and discovered fulfilment and joy. 

When the words "The Joy Of Mothering on a Hobby Farm" popped into my head as a subtitle for my short stories it was like an epiphany for me because those few words verbalized my experience living with little people. The very existence of a joyful mother of nine children seems to confound people. My writing is humourous and heart warming/ thoughtful and thought provoking with a strong current of spirituality running through it. Part of my call and my witness is to write the truth about children, family, marriage and the sacredness of life, especially a life lived in God.

My Catholic site is Joyofnine9  
http://melaniejeanjuneau.wordpress.com/                   thank-you 
love and prayers
melanie                      

Comments

  1. Melanie, I thank God that you've said yes to serving Him in this way! The site looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. coming from an art lover like you, that is a heart warming comment.

      Delete
  2. Thank-you. It already feels like home; I love this site and the writers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary