Apert Syndrome: A Father's Perspective



My husband, Ben, offered to write a blog post as a reflection on the past year – since Sarah was born – from a father’s perspective.  I thought this was an ingenious idea, and it would especially be fruitful and beneficial to all readers (including Catholic women who are wives and mothers), extending from family and friends and reaching to others who have never met our family.  Please enjoy this personal reflection written by my amazing husband as a tribute to fathers everywhere:

There are few moments that I can recall in my life that have had massive impacts: graduating from college is certainly one, followed by marriage being another (and certainly greater) event. The birth of my first daughter ranks in there as an impacting experience too, but these are all happy occasions, and one would expect a happy occasion to be something that brings joy to the heart. Not all experiences that have a lasting impact are necessarily happy, but rather, some suddenly become shocking because they have changed your life and your worldview forever. If I were to gauge the impact and shock of an event and think of what has changed the course of my life there is only one that comes to mind: the birth of Sarah.

To read more, visit Love Alone Creates.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary