7 Quick Takes This week:: Better Late than Never


--- 1 ---
Summer has come into full maturity.  As I walk, I see mature gardens.  I see butterflies landing on the milkweeds that are maturing now into pods.
I love the milkweed.  It's really one of my favorite plants, but because they multiply so quickly farmers are getting rid of them.  What this means for our environment is that the butterflies who feed off the milkweed and lay their eggs on these plants are becoming endangered.  I plan to let these beautiful plants grow wildly in my yard.  My neighbor comes over and takes the eggs to her home and lets the butterflies mature and fly away. They are beautiful to watch as they spread their wings to dry.  Truly one of God's miracles!


--- 2 --- I've been trying to save money and the environment at the same time by making my own household cleaners, weed eliminators, etc.  Here are some of my recipes::

Vinegar:: Good for almost any job alone or combined with any products.

Rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle = one great ant killer (I don't know if they get drunk and die or if the alcohol just kills them on the spot. However, they die.)

1 c blue dawn dish wasing liquid + 1c vinegar = best bathroom cleaner ever!

1 gal vinegar + 1 c Epsom salts + 1 T Dawn = an amazing weed killer.  I've tried vinegar alone.  I've tried this recipe with table salt.  These do not work.  Epsom salts seems to be the ingredient that makes this an effective weed killer. 

1c vinegar + 1 c rubbing alcohol + 1 c water + 2-3 drops Dawn = excellent kitchen cleaner
 


Read More At:: His Unending Love

Comments

  1. boiling water works to kill weeds and their roots but it is hard to carry to far gardens...I will try your idea..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sure way to kill ants: mix together finely ground pepper and sugar. Place on flat stone. The ants come to eat the sugar and breathe in the pepper. They sneeze. Hit their head on the stone and die.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary