True Belief, True Repentance, and the Saints Who Help Us On This Journey

Did you read Matt Walsh’s latest (or one of his latest) posts Maybe Christianity in America is Dying Because It’s Boring Everyone to Death?
I have to say, this just made me feel even more thankful for the “vibe” of my own parish, and the passion I see in the members of its community. 

Catholicism and our culture today needs true belief and true repentance. These are the things that I admire in the members of my parish.  These are the things that the world needs.  What do I mean by that?

1. True (sincere)

First of all, the Church needs sincerity.  This means a disposition of really meaning what we say and living it out.  The church right now suffers from dissipation. Perhaps it is an apathy because of the various weeds that need to be uprooted. Perhaps it is because of greed, or entertainment-saturation, or materialism arising from great wealth. Whatever it is, we need to shed the snake skin of discouragement, cynicism, and apathy, and rise up, claiming all of the blessings and all of the responsibilities that go with Truth and Sincerity about Truth.

read the rest at {Picture a Skyline}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary