Did You Find It?

Excerpt from a recent conversation I had with a priest friend as we discussed my frustrations with God and His inability to answer my prayers in the way I saw fit.
“Did you find it?” he said to me.
“What?” I responded.
“The box where you put God.”
“What?”
He repeated, “The box where you put God until He answered your prayers as you see fit.”
“I didn’t do that!”
“Yes, you did. You are limiting Him by insisting that your way is the only way. You forget, He keeps this universe running. He keeps your heart beating. He makes your cells divide and, each day, He keeps you from floating off the face of the planet through gravity. You put Him in a box by insisting that your way is His Way, when He knows far better than you do what needs to be done with your prayers of petition”
It’s rare, but, I had words.

Read More at Prayerfully Yours

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective