I’m on the computer writing. Usually, I work in silence, but today, I decided that I wanted to hear Christmas music as I wrote. I love the hymns and music of the season. “Wait!” I hear someone cry. “Are you crazy? Thanksgiving isn’t here yet! Why are you listening to Christmas music now?”

That’s a good question. Today, I am getting ready for Christmas mentally, physically, and emotionally. I am remembering Christmases past. I remember the joy and the sorrows of the celebration. Yes, there were sorrows after the death of my husband. So, I remember on these levels. However, I have not begun to prepare spiritually for the coming of the Messiah. Right now, I am thinking about the celebrations, the gatherings, the gifts, the food. I need to do this, too. Spiritually, I am still in Ordinary Time. 

Read more at:  Prayerfully Yours

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective