A Lesson at the Library


One of the more exciting things about having children is introducing them to the wonders of the world. Watching them make discoveries for the very first time often shows us what we've lost growing up.
For example, I wanted some more reading material, so my husband and I stopped by our local public library with our firstborn, who was all of two years old. Sure that watching Mommy browse the shelves in the adult section was far too tedious for a toddler, I suggested my husband take our daughter into the children's room. Our library boasts three large aquariums there, vibrant with colorful tropical fish. Certainly she would find that more entertaining.
I figured I had hit it on the nose when about fifteen minutes later, she came back into the main section of the library, bobbing with excitement. "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" she squealed, grabbing my hand. "Come see!"

Her tiny hand cradled in mine, I allowed her to usher me into the children's room, but to my surprise, she dragged me past the fish tanks and to the shelves of Easy Readers. "Look!" she cried, pointing. "They have books here!"   Continue Reading

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective