Calming the Sea

This is a post from my personal blog, that I thought I should share on here.

When I looked up today's(June 28, 2011) Gospel, I was so excited, and over joyed to see that it was the story where Jesus calms the storm in the sea. It seem that there is a large storm hitting my life, and those around - my mom had surgery, my younger brother got in a car accident, my friend was hit by a car while on a bike, and my friend's dad was diagnosed with lung cancer after having a stroke, plus various other things as well! But it struck me in this Gospel that Jesus calms the storm, simple as that.

Jesus asks the disciples with him, "Why are you terrified, O you of little faith?" This really struck me. How often do we go through hard times fearful, worrisome, terrified, or anxious? How often do we forgetJesus will calm the storm. He allowed the storm in the first place, thus we must trust He will calm the storm. Not only must we trust He will calm the storm, but also that He will give the strength to endure. We must surrender our fears, and allow Jesus to take control. We must constantly be praying, and seeking our Lord.

We must allow Jesus to help us. We must let Him help us. We cannot carry our crosses alone. And our storms will not be calmed, until we surrender them to Jesus. Once we give our lives and our heart and our minds to Jesus, we are better able to serve Him. We can be peaceful people, even in the midst of tragedy, if we allow Jesus to be our rock.

May the Lord grant us the grace to trust Him more, the strength to endure our struggles, and peace.

God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective