An Arrow of Light Pierced Through the Lie

An image which described my struggle to surrender control to God, was a wagon wheel suspended over a deep chasm.
My large family of 10 stood on the rim of a wagon wheel,while I crouched on the hub,frantically turning this way and that,grabbing all the broken spokes,desperate to hold the crumbling structured together.
I realized that I had to let go of this futile sense of responsibility and control but I was afraid to stop,afraid that one moment of inattention would cause my entire family to tumble down into the abyss.
I was trapped. Yet, I realized that my tension prevented natural, organic growth and healing.My control acted like a wall, shutting out all divine intervention and grace.My sincere concern and earnest self-sacrifice actually magnified everyone’s brokenness by freezing everyone and everything.
Suddenly an arrow of light pierced through my confusion.It was as if a sharp pin burst a huge, black balloon of deception.Suddenly the image was gone,like a mountain done in by a muster seed.
I had been wrestling with an illusion,a phantom mountain.There was no dilemma.I laughed at myself.
With joy,I finally surrendered control.The broken spokes were instantly repaired.The kids and my husband started smiling. I was free. We were free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective