"They Have no Wine"

This seemed a good day to talk about motherhood, family, and why Minnesota has the start of fishing season fall on Mother's Day weekend.

My wife says it may be so that mothers can have some time alone. If that's so, Minnesota's DNR blundered. They say this weekend is "Take-a-Mom fishing weekend."

Ephesians and Diapers

'Family' is very important to Catholics, or should be. The Catechism devotes quite a bit of space to what a family is, and how families should work. (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2201-2233)

. (September 24, 2009)

On the other hand, I'm not allowed see marriage as a casual agreement between consenting adults. For starters, we all have duties: childrenand parents (Catechism, 2214-2220, 2221-2231).

When I married my wife, I knew what I was signing up for.

Ephesians 5:22-25 points out that as her husband, I must love my wife "even as Christ loved the church and handed himself over for her."

That sets a high standard....

More at A Catholic Citizen in America

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary