Dung Coloured Glasses

I discovered a secret after years of mothering my tiny children. They
taught me to take my eyes off my exhaustion and to take delight in the plethora of tiny details all around me. Little kids are born with a sense of wonder and the ability to enjoy little things. My daughter’s retain an appreciation for detail; they all remember the little things.
A friend of mine once asked Rachel, when she was about six, what she liked most about Christmas. She replied immediately,
“The pineapple.”
My daughter’s answer astounded Martha. Similarly, one evening before dinner Emily, now a young adult, said,
“I always remember the fresh smell of clean sheets every week.”
Such a small thing, yet a child, with a heart full of gratitude, takes great pleasure from it.
Psalms 33:8  ” let all the inhabitants of the World 
stand in awe of Him.”
 continue reading

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective