I need a prayer for my mother on Mother's Day

I saw this quote from Abby Johnson and started thinking about something totally unrelated:
If you are a Christ follower but also hate abortion clinic workers or abortionists, then the Bible says that you are guilty of murder. We won't win this battle unless we learn to love better. If you have hate in your heart, then you need to pray. It's really hard to hate the people that you diligently pray for. - Abby Johnson

On this Mother's Day, nearly 20 years after my own Mother's death, I cannot find it in my heart to pray for her.  I've always wondered why I never do and now I know.  The hatred I have for her still lingers after all these years and that definitely made me pause.


To read the article go to Being Catholic ... Really.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary