Seek the Lord and HIS Ways


Seek the LORD while he may be found, call him while he is near.
Let the scoundrel forsake his way, and the wicked man his thoughts;
let him turn to the LORD for mercy; to our God, who is generous in forgiving.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the LORD.
As high as the heavens are above the earth, so high are my ways above your ways
and my thoughts above your thoughts.   Isaiah 55

 The women’s hand was not even completely in the air before the question came bursting forth, and the tears welled in her eyes.  “How can we let go of wanting to hear we are forgiven, when we’ve begged for it, but the other person is not willing to extend it. As a human person, I want to hear those words not from God but from the other person.” My heart truly ached as I heard in her voice the depth of her pain and her desperation for an answer.



This exchange came during a recent women’s retreat on the peace of forgiveness. Although I wished with my all my breaking heart to lavish her with a concrete, “it will be fixed by morning,” response, I knew that was not how this forgiveness thing worked.  Nor is our human idea of how things should “play through”, always in line with how God, in His infinite wisdom (Romans 11:33), plans to work things out.
While nothing is impossible for God (Luke 1:37), and He could bring about what she so felt was needed to be free of this pain, it would most likely not happen in that way.  But why?

God’s ways, as Isaiah taught us so long ago, are not our ways. More importantly, those ways are so above our thinking; we could not even begin to comprehend the “why” of how things are being worked out in our lives, but we are called to believe they are in the hands of God (Psalm 31:15).  This is where faith enters in.  Faith believes  ... read more 

All Rights Reserved, Allison Gingras 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary