#CatholicsinAnnapolis

I have to say that when I saw an advertisement for this event in my Church Bulletin, I was probably more excited than most people. However I do really feel as Catholics we live our faith through our works. Service work of all kinds is doing Gods work. This does include political public service (I know this fact surprises a lot of people but it is true). The MCC (MD Catholic Conference) describes their mission as “The public policy arm of the Catholic Bishops serving Maryland in the Archdiocese of Baltimore, Wilmington (DE), & Washington (DC)”.
I know what you’re thinking. The Church has a public policy arm? Why would they need a public policy arm? According to the Church:
“Role of the Church in Politics The Catholic Church, its parishes and Church organizations are prohibited by federal law from participating in partisan political activities. The tax-exempt status of a parish or Church organization may be revoked if there is a violation of the law, and other penalties and taxes may also be imposed on any funds spent on prohibited political activities. However, the Church does have a role in politics and public policy formation through activities such as:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary