Lent Physically and Spiritually Fit Challenge: 1st Sunday of Lent.

know that when I first woke up on Sunday Morning, the soda I wanted all week and the excitement of no work out was a dream. Mainly because Sunday was the beginning of a flare up that still has not ended. On the notes of my journal for the bible study portion of the challenge, I contemplated something I do not do enough, which is rest.
I don’t know about you but I have trouble saying no and I always over commit myself. Before I got sick, this was not really a problem but since I have gotten sick it has pretty much kick me right in the behind.
I began to really ponder rest. Why God commands us to do it, why I need it, why it is so important. I hate it to be honest. I always feel like there is something I should be doing, that I am not doing enough. So I ignored taking my health into consideration. Things came back and bit me in the butt. Now everything is behind and overwhelming instead of prioritizing I just allow the enemy to tell me that I can’t get it done that I have to keep fighting that I do not need to rest.
However God says:
Genesis 2:3 “And God blessed the seventh day and declared it holy, because it was the day when he rested from all his work of creation.”
Exodus 20:8-10 “Remember to observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. You have six days each week for your ordinary work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath day of rest dedicated to the lord your God. On that day no one in your household may do any work. This includes you, your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, your livestock, and any foreigners living among you.”
Oh wait, rest is so important it is not only a Commandment, God rests. God rests. What a blessing that he rests. We rests so we can be the best we can be and conserve our strength and so does He.
Exodus 33:14 “The lord replied, “I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest—everything will be fine for you.””
This also made me consider that with out rest things will not be okay. Rest is an act of mercy and a blessing from God and in this over stimulated world I think we forget that.
Day 4:
This year I most want to?:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary