10 Minute Daily Retreat - Seventh Station: Jesus Bears the Cross

Reflection by Louise Crossley
When I gave birth for the first time, I felt that it was more than I could bear. I vividly remember fearing I could literally break in half. The other births, while still painful, where less overwhelming as my body was strengthened by past experience.

When I first experienced a broken heart, I thought I could not live on. The pain seeped through my body as though my heart was leaking venom that was poisoning my will to go on. While heartbreak is never easy, it gets a little less intense as a result of knowing what to expect or from bracing ourselves somewhat.

Jesus carrying the cross at this Station represents the impact of first times...read on: https://susannetimpani.blogspot.com.au/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary