Relax Devotional

So I am happy to announce that I came in 3rd place for the faithwriters.com writing competition.  I can say that my lack of beta shows and I know now where to improve. I am just so blessed that I can share my relationship with God with all of you!



I know that we all have been struggling lately. You can not turn on the TV or even look at your phone with out seeing the state of the world today. As a Christian it actually hardens my heart to the world. Christ commands us to be an example on how to not live in the world but as my heart hardens; I slip slowly back into the world I was begging God to help me escape. I slip back in to the world because I get angry about the state of things and I sit back and do nothing. I slip back into the world because I let fear over take me and I begin to worry. However I know that walking in faith means giving up worry for trust and faith in Christ. And what a blessing to strive for! To be affirmed enough in faith to be able to relax and trust God when all you want to do is worry. “ In peace I will lie down and sleep for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe” (Psalms 4:8). I remind myself of this daily yet the thoughts inside my head continued to spin until the Holy Spirit said to me “I am with you”

Click here to continue....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective