#RealityHigh: What Have Young Adult Movies Come To?


I love a good young adult, coming of age story. And... I hate a bad one.

There's been a weird phenomenon lately, where most of the ones I've see on-screen have been falling into the latter category. After watching (part of) the Netflix “13 Reasons Why” series, I was beginning to doubt I'd ever find anything similar to my good old young adult favorites – movies like Mean Girls, or Juno, or Bring It On (only the first one!) that are about growing up but are well-done enough that adults like them too (or maybe even more).

So when Netflix's original movie #RealityHigh showed up on their new release list, I was hopeful but had my doubts... Continue Reading

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Memorare

Why Modesty Is Not Subjective

The Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary